PhD. In eCommerce and eBusiness
Ph.D. in E-Commerce and E-Business is considered a rich and developed field that has the potential of bringing forward some great outcomes for modern organizations and companies. Ph.D. In e-commerce and e-business is a qualification that can help you in developing a stronger and convincing career. The coursework is mostly related to the identification, assessment, development, and management of various capabilities connected to E-Commerce for businesses, industries, government, profit, and non-profit organizations. Skills, as well as the knowledge needed for designing and implementing, are provided to students enrolled in the Ph.D. program. The focus is on developing of qualities ranged from strategic to managerial aspects.
The prominent trends, which capture attention, are mentioned below:
• Increase the power of computing and associated technologies
• The shift towards online marketing and sales
• Higher access to consumers by means of high-speed internet connection
• Developing newer online industries which include gaming and gambling
• Using the Internet for increasing coordination between consumers and firms
Obtaining a Ph.D. in e-Commerce and e-Business is going to take students towards a position where they will get a solid potential related to career advancement. There are only a few Ph.D. programs focused on e-commerce and the majority of programs include e-commerce and e-business as prominent study areas. You will enjoy many strong career-related options after being enrolled in this program so it is best to be enrolled as soon as you can.
This program is equivalent to EQF (European Qualifications Framework) Level 8 - Doctorate Level.
This program is equivalent to 180 ECTS
How long should be my thesis?
Usually, it is from 60.000 – 100.000 words (from chapter 1 to chapter 5). Students are allowed to have 10% less or more. However, the supervisor can allow a student to write more.
Do you indicate words "online" or "distance" on the Ph.D. certificates?
Can I use the title?
We have asked the Swiss Authorities about the title, and their answer was (Students are allowed to use the title they got from the school)
Is there a "Thesis Defence"?
Yes, and we recommend students to do it in Switzerland however it can be done ONLINE too, you need a camera and microphone.
Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
We have 12 intakes per year.
Is OUS Accredited by a recognized European accreditation body?
Yes, OUS is authorized, validated, certified, accredited and/or an institutional member of over 50 public/private organizations, for the full list please check here.
We have 12 intakes per year. So, you can start at any month you wish.
- Duration: 3 Years (one-year Study program + Thesis work which takes around 2 years)
- Age: 25 years or older
- Previous study: Master degree or equivalent
- Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
- English level: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English speaking school) If you don't have English certificate you can do our own English test for free of charge.
- Study Method: Online
- Fee: Please check: Tuition Fee
Note: If you have any doubts about your suitability for this study program please contact us,
Note: Study fee does not include application and reservation fee (to guarantee you a study place) of 240 Euro (one-time payment and non-refundable).
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: this program is equivalent to 180 ECTS, please check the duration above.
European Qualifications Framework: this program is equivalent to EQF Level 8
OUS Accreditations, Quality Assurance & legalizations: Please check here