Diploma in Business Mathematics
It is essential to have a basic knowledge of a wide range of mathematical techniques in order to use business data effectively.
This course introduces and builds on a range of mathematical concepts and techniques. Students will be able to develop their analytical skills in order to make informed business decisions based on a wide range of data sources. The course also develops a student’s ability to present data in a meaningful and systematic way.
Use a range of mathematical and statistical techniques and concepts
- Solve simple equations using the BODMAS rule
- Express numbers to a given number of significant figures
- Convert numbers into standard form
- Solve equations involving fractions
- Calculate percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Solve equations containing brackets
- Solve equations containing numbers with powers
- Calculate simple and compound interest
- Solve linear equations
- Draw and calculate the equation of straight lines
- Solve simultaneous equations
- Solve quadratic equations
- Draw and recognize non-linear graphs
- Change the subject of an equation or formula
- Manipulate surds
Describe and summarize data
- Distinguish between different types of data
- Present data using a variety of charts and graphs
- Calculate and interpret the mean, mode, median, standard deviation and quartiles of a data set
Apply the laws of probability to a range of scenarios
- Calculate probability using a number of methods
- Distinguish between mutually exclusive and independent events
Use data for the purposes of forecasting
- Understand and interpret time series graphs
- Calculate moving averages
Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
Advance Your Expertise at OUS
Connect with learners and leaders just like you in our online associate bachelor's programs. You will go as far as your mind will take you as a diploma or associate bachelor's student at OUS?.
The Swiss Diploma (Year 1) or Associate of Bachelor's of Business Administration signifies the first level of achievement in any academic discipline. In our executive bachelor's programs, you will:
- Develop and practice innovative research methods.
- Earn the highest quality of education.
- Achieve the expertise to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Become a successful researcher and professional.
The Swiss diploma associate bachelor's diploma will take your leadership to the next level. In our associate bachelor's programs, you will:
- Lay the foundation for future for studies and professional achievement.
- Study and apply innovative research methods.
- Combine applied research and professional practice.
- Prepare to make an impact on policy and practice.
- Learn strategies to facilitate more effective, adaptable organizations and create positive change.
- Become a more innovative leader in your field.
This study program is the 1st academic year of the Bachelor study program
We have 12 intakes per year. So, you can start at any month you wish.
- Duration: one year
- Age: 17 years or older
- Previous study: High school Diploma or equivalent
- Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English.
- English level: IELTS or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English-speaking school)
- Study Method: Online
- Fee: Please check: Tuition Fee
Note: If you have any doubts about your suitability for this study program please contact us,
Note: Study fee does not include application and reservation fee (to guarantee you a study place) of 240 Euro (one-time payment and non-refundable).
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System: this program is equivalent to 60 ECTS
European Qualifications Framework: this program is equivalent to EQF Level 4
OUS Accreditations, Quality Assurance & legalizations: Please check here